Uncle Charlie Yakker's Baseball Rants

A look into the mind of baseball fanatic.

Monday, August 07, 2006

MLB Umpires, my complaints revisited

As I watched an Angels/White Sox game tonight (no not the playoff games of 05), I wondered if anyone had a ranking thier thoughts on the WORST umps in the game.

I'll tell you right now, without hesitation, there is one ump I'll never respect and never appreciate. Doug Eddings.

With 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth, Eddings, was behind the plate. Josh Paul, the catcher did his job. He caught strike three. Eddings called the batter out, but A.J. Pierzinguini ran anyway. Somewhere in the darkness, inside Eddings mask covered head, the out call aparently didn't count.

Without a doubt, its the worst call I've ever seen. One that broke my heart and pretty much ended the post season for the 05 Halo's.

9 months later, I find my self watching a make-up game for, of all teams, the Sox/Angels. I am getting a secret pleasure in watching the man behind the plate. Tonight its Cooper. For him it really makes it tough because its a make up, there is no one in the stands. I've hear louder chearing at a baby diaper changing contest.

I menetion the lask for enthousiasm in the stants because every jeer from the croud is crystal clear. CRYSTAL

One series or pitches, Tim Salmon watched a few close ones come in the area. None were called strikes. The fans came unglued. The pitchers were fired into the mit, very close to the plate. Each pitch got more boo's Seemingly the late shrunk to the size

1 Comments:

Blogger CDW said...

Hi Uncle Charlie,

I've made another half-hearted effort to start a Bees Blog. This time I have a partner in crime, so hopefully he helps me out. Wish I could have seen the Angels/Rangers brawl. Anyway, the blog is at:

http://blogofbees.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in contribting I can add you to the list. Thanks.

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home